It’s true! There really is only one way to lose weight if you want to keep it off for life. It’s lifestyle change!
Now, you might be saying to yourself, “Ouch! I really don’t know if I’m up for a total lifestyle change to lose my weight.” If that sounds like you, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to lose weight as a short term thing, or do I really want to keep it off for life?
- What does it mean for me to not be carrying the excess weight?
- Am I willing to do whatever it takes to feel better about myself?
- Are the health benefits I will receive from weight loss really worth it?
- Do I want to live to a ripe old age and have a good time doing so?
There are so many benefits to losing weight, and you will feel 100% if you do it!
So many people know this, yet throw their money at and pin all their hopes on fad diets, crazy workout routines, exercise equipment promising to make it easier and insane weight loss pills and shakes. As a personal trainer, I know these people are chasing their tails and getting nowhere!
To lose weight for life, you need to change your lifestyle – there’s no other way! A healthy weight is reflective of a healthy lifestyle, so start doing these things today:
- Get active with others and have fun: By doing this with others, we’re going to have more fun and we’ll do it more often. You’ll help your body burn fat and stay trim in the process!
- Do the sort of exercise you like: Fun activities like walking, jogging, kicking a soccer ball, swimming or inline skating – it’s up to you! Do whatever you like with the intention of having fun, because you’ll do it more often if you’re having fun!
- Drink plenty of water: Your body craves it, and it’s your body that burns the fat for you and keeps you trim! Water helps the body do this – and you will feel full for it.
- Eat frequent, smaller meals: Do this 5-6 times each day and help your metabolism, which burns all the energy you consume.
- Enjoy your food: Sit at the table with others when you eat. You’ll be aware of that full feeling as soon as it hits.
- Eat proteins first: In other words, eat the meat and eggs – all that good stuff – first. You’ll feel fuller, sooner. And you’ll eat less.
- Include vegetables in every meal: They’re full of essential nutrients, vitamins and fiber – and they fill you without the calories!
- Include wholegrains in your diet: If you eat bread, make it grain bread. Try to include rolled oats in your breakfast as well. Wholegrains are full of nutrients and fiber as well, so you’ll stay regular and feel full.
It really isn’t that hard once you get into it. Sure, change can be a little painful at first, but is the perceived pain of changing your lifestyle to that of a healthier one worth the pleasure you will get out of looking and feeling absolutely fabulous? The pleasure outweighs the pain!
It takes 30 days to replace old habits with new, so start implementing the things I mentioned above and do it today! You WILL feel much better for it, and 30 days isn’t really that long at all!